Tuesday 18 September, 2007

Fast & The Furious

Its 11th Aug ...I start a long journey towards Yellowstone on my new Hyundai Elantra...


That had the lowest odometer reading (not too long ago when I got it in mid june) of all the cars I have driven in US...


But me ain't impressed coz it wasn't half as gud as its elder bro Honda Accord!! who happens to be my slave too ;)


But then I happen to drive thru some tempting roads in eastern Washington...


Racing thru the left lane at increasing speeds leaving the "right" ppl far behind


reaching the deserted state of Montana where the speed limit is 75 mph (roughly 120 kmph)


Have had enuf of following the rules since I came to this country!! Time to break free ;)
Crossing 100 mph (160 kmph) for the first time....


Reaching 110 on the way...


and finally the highest that an Elantra would probably ever reach on any road .. 120 mph (193 kmph)!!! on my way back...


I had the drive of my life!! :)

5 comments:

BlackThorn said...

"I feel the need, THE NEED, the need for speed" - TOP GUN

hope the cops rnt monitoring blogs ;)

Josh said...

cops monitoring blogs! he he. net policing eh.
soopur speed shekie! keep it up. be careful tho!

Krishna said...

careful kaNo.esp when u are interested in taking 'profile' snaps of the odometer while driving at 120 mph :D

Shekhar said...

@i7: cops don't dare do that.. they have no place to hide.. I have hit stats in place ;)

@josh: hmm will be careful kaNo.. the only place where i cud have sped that much.. illi i can never go beyond 75 even if my car can..

@kitty: haha .. was prepared lo.. had the cam hanging on my neck the moment i started beating the cops' limits!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing