Monday 14 July, 2008

The Canadian Rockies

Its been a long time since my last post now.. was busy with lots of things .. getting used to a totally new and kinda special research environment at MSR and "entertaining" the family people (my in-laws in a place where I landed a week b4). It was all fun but not much to post about. Most places I went to in the last month have been a repeat of those I had been to last summer.. and most of them (mountains, rivers, waterfalls, lakes, parks, downtown and even fireworks) don't change with time :P.

Last weekend, however, I'd been to this amazing (god damn gorgeous) collection of parks collectively called the Canadian Rockies. Its a collection of four (4 that I had been to and some more) national parks of Canada. Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta (State) and Kootenay and Yoho national parks in the state of Bristish Columbia). Was again a 10 hr drive each way (hmm .. i've become a pro in long drives now :) )

The whole place was just soooooo scenic that probably every pic that I took was worth a post. and probably thats what I'll do from today .. a post a day !!

I'll probably start off with the "second order" beautiful pics from the collection .. so as to give some warmup time for u guys ;)

Here r the pics for today, of whats called the "Castle mountains" in Banff national park



No comments: