Monday 13 August, 2007

1800..

...miles in less than 46 hrs.... thats the distance I drove during this weekend..

Some more details and facts:

i) Where to ?

Yellow Stone National Park, Wyoming

ii) How far ?

790 miles to the northern entrance (the nearest one).. about 160 miles loop inside the park.. one time zone away :)

iii) How long a drive ?

12 hour drive each way ... Thanks to long stretches of uninhabited regions in eastern WA and large parts of Montana...where I was the only guy within visible range of about 20 miles radius...( more importantly..no cop ;) ) ... This was shortened to 11 hrs each way...more on this later...

iv) How long was the visit ?

15 hours spent at the park(including driving in the loop).

v) Why only Yellow Stone ?

  • coz ...believe it or not ...therez only one Yellow Stone in this entire universe!! :)
  • coz its a scenic wonder,
  • A large natural chemistry lab, geology lab and microbiology lab.. all squeezed into a forest
  • A wildlife forest (I mean it.. u do see "wild" life... not dogs. period.)
  • A photographer's paradise with colors from out of this world.. (or should i say from inside the earth ?)
  • Its US' first (always interpreted as world's first by ppl here) national park, established in 1872.
  • It has lakes, mountains, river, canyon, water falls, wild life and above all some of the most colorful hot water springs and natural geysers!
If there were any better place within drivable distance .. I mean less than 3 days of drive!! I would have chosen that instead!!

(the start and title look similar ? but I have been innovative.. I have been creative in coming up with my own style of writing and my own different title!! u see .. all the numbers are different in my case.. If u feel thats absurd.. you can check this video or this.)

For pics .. check out the next few posts..

2 comments:

Josh said...

waiting for the snaps..

Shekhar said...

@sam: sure.. by today evening!